One Room Challenge - Fall 2020 - Week 1 - Master Bedroom
Updated: Sep 14, 2022
Fall is already there and it is time for the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE! Yeah! I love this challenge more and more! It gives me the opportunity to show you all of my creativity when clients ask me to decorate a space in their home! There is nothing more exciting for me than the challenge of bringing life into an empty room and making my clients' home the best version of themselves!
So thank you Linda Weinstein and your fantastic team who make this challenge possible every year! When I see how many designers participate, I know that I'm not the only one enjoying this event! We inspire each other and we stimulate our creativity by sharing. The beauty of this "challenge" is more of a trend incubator than a competition!
"First time on my blog? Welcome and thanks for coming by! My name is Samia Verbist, I am a French Interior Designer based in Huntington Beach, California. I obtained my Bachelor Degree in Interior Architecture in Paris, France and created my own interior design company in California 5 years ago. I love to create interesting designs for my clients and suggest interiors that goes over and above what they would have thought of. I love wallpaper, gold and turquoise color! I have a passion for Mid Century home and Hollywood Regency style. And my favorite place on earth is Palm Springs! "
So, let's talk about the project. First the clients: my husband and myself! I will express who I am in this project and of course, I will take care of my husband's wishes. If you want to know what is my style...You will see it in 6 weeks! Second the room: my master bedroom. Here are some pictures of the bedroom:
As you can see, the room is not large (13 x 11), beige carpet on the floor, light beige walls, one wall with wood covers, plantation shutter blinds on the window and sliding doors for the wardrobe. Nothing special, just a neutral bedroom.
One detail: an ugly a/c unit on the wall with the electric cord hanging down...looks like a wart on a wall!
MY TO DO LIST:
- Change the window for a French door for more natural light
- Remove the plantation shutter blinds
- Add a chandelier for more artificial light
- Remove the A/C unit
- Renovate the wood panels' wall
- Remove the old closet
- Install a new large and functional closet
- Install new doors for the closet
- Change the two interior doors (bedroom and bathroom)
- Prime and paint all the walls
- Install wallpaper
- Figure out what to do with the actual floor (carpet)
- Source new furniture (bed, nightstand, table lamps, chandelier, bench or ottoman, accent chair)
- Source curtains (blackout curtains and sheers)
- Source new bedding and plenty of pillows
- Source new decors and wall art
This sounds like a pretty good list!
Ready for the challenge? So, come back next week to see the first step of this make over....
Have a nice week!
Your Dedicated French Interior Designer